Poul Henningsen developed the PH 5 in 1958 in response to constant changes made to the shape and size of incandescent bulbs by bulb manufacturers, naming it after the size of the pendant’s main shade, which is 50 cm in diameter. When the lamp was introduced, he wrote, typically daringly, about how he had lost faith that the manufacturers of incandescent light bulbs would ever learn to consider common sense or have the consumer’s best interests at heart: “I have accepted fate, and with Louis Poulsen´s permission I have designed a PH fixture, which can be used with any kind of light source, Christmas lights and 100 W metal filament bulbs. Although a fluorescent tube would be too much to ask in the existing form!” Henningsen wanted to improve the colour reproduction characteristics of the light source in the PH 5. Small red and blue shades were therefore inserted to supplement the colour in the part of the spectrum where the eye is least sensitive – the red and blue areas – thereby subduing the light in the middle yellow-green region where the eye is most sensitive. At the time, no one knew that the PH 5 would become synonymous with the PH light, which remains 100% glare-free, irrespective of how the light is installed or which light source is used. The red and blue rings are however no longer necessary to achieve superior light quality, since today’s light sources reproduce daylight far better than in Henningsen’s time. Nonetheless, PH 5 continues to elevate even the most modern interiors in a range of colours today. In 2020, the PH 5 Monochrome series is introduced to emphasize this striking design for a more current look. The mat painted metal shades come in black, white, and in ultra blue for the bolder decorater.
All our products come with a guarantee of authenticity. nanoHome serves as the exclusive representative in Vietnam for renowned global brands such as USM, Fritz Hansen, HAY, and more. We are dedicated to meticulously verifying the authenticity of each product we provide.
- The quotation is valid for 7 days only.
- Order/ Importation Time is counted from the day nanoHome receives the customer's deposit / payment from Client.
- We shall provide free delivery for the urban area of HCM City for orders with value above 5 million VND (excluding Binh Chanh, Cu Chi, Nha Be, Can Gio, Hoc Mon). Additional charges shall apply for other areas and orders with Panasonic/Nanoco products, subject to distance as well as the number of loads. Price is exclusive of the installation fee.
- Please kindly inspect the goods at the time of your receipt of the delivery. No return/change of goods except due to technical flaws by the manufacturer.
- The Customer is required to receive the goods within 30 (thirty) days from the date of Customer’s receipt of the Delivery Notice from nanoHome. If the Customer delays or prolongs the time to receive the goods for any reason without the acceptance in writing or email from nanoHome, causing additional costs incurred to nanoHome for storage and preservation, nanoHome is entitled to
- (i) request the Customer to pay for the storage and preservation costs of the goods according to the tariff designated by nanoHome, or
- (ii) unilaterally cancel the order without having to refund the deposit and the amount already paid by the Customer, and
- (iii) claim Customer for a penalty of 08% (eight percent) of the total value of the order.
- In the event the Customer unilaterally cancels the order for products that are currently available in stock, the Customer will lose the deposit equivalent to 50% of the order value and the amount already paid by the Customer. In case, Customer unilaterally cancels the order for products that are not available in stock and requires order placement, the Customer will pay 100% of the order value to nanoHome.
- Payment method: Payment shall be made in VND via bank transfer
- Beneficiary: NANOHOME ONE MEMBER LIMITED COMPANY
- Account number: 060196621760
- Bank information: SACOMBANK – HANG XANH TRANSACTION OFFICE - BEN THANH BRANCH
- Transaction information: ORDER NUMBER